Low carb success!

Fynn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been a bit of a lurker on here over the past year...

Last June I took the long overdue decision to take hold of my T2 diabetes and kick its a**e. I looked on this site for inspiration and found the low carb forum; there are so many of you out there who have no idea how much you've helped and supported me, giving me ideas for meals and snacks, making me smile at some stories and sympathise with others, and most of all reassuring me that I'm not on my own in this and don't need to reinvent the wheel. My goal was to lose weight and try to reduce the medication, Gliclazide and Metformin.

I cut carbs, cut calories, lost weight, regained confidence, and have thoroughly embraced the whole life changing approach (still cheat when it comes to cake though, just canny help maself there!) and today, after my diabetic review, my results are now non-diabetic, I've lost two and a half stone, and -you have to imagine me typing this in a completely over-the-top shouty excited manner - I'M OFF ALL MEDICATION WOOHOOOO!!

So, enormous thanks to all you forum contributors, you've helped to change my life. I'm paying it forward too, been asked to talk to newly diagnosed T2s by my diabetes nurse. Keep it up everybody, you're doing a great job!

Reactions: 6 people

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You only just joined, and already have your diabetes beaten into submission :) So, well done with the success of all your efforts over the past year. I guess the experts on here will be glad to have been of service ;)

Great to know that you'll be passing on the LCHF (or enough fat) way of life to others for them to try, to see if it suits them, and that there are alternative options, variances, adjustments they can make - almost as many as there are diabetics !

Reactions: 2 people

missyruby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done ? I need some help with the low carb thing I get so confused what I can have and need some recipes which I could give a go

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been a bit of a lurker on here over the past year...

Last June I took the long overdue decision to take hold of my T2 diabetes and kick its a**e. I looked on this site for inspiration and found the low carb forum; there are so many of you out there who have no idea how much you've helped and supported me, giving me ideas for meals and snacks, making me smile at some stories and sympathise with others, and most of all reassuring me that I'm not on my own in this and don't need to reinvent the wheel. My goal was to lose weight and try to reduce the medication, Gliclazide and Metformin.

I cut carbs, cut calories, lost weight, regained confidence, and have thoroughly embraced the whole life changing approach (still cheat when it comes to cake though, just canny help maself there!) and today, after my diabetic review, my results are now non-diabetic, I've lost two and a half stone, and -you have to imagine me typing this in a completely over-the-top shouty excited manner - I'M OFF ALL MEDICATION WOOHOOOO!!

So, enormous thanks to all you forum contributors, you've helped to change my life. I'm paying it forward too, been asked to talk to newly diagnosed T2s by my diabetes nurse. Keep it up everybody, you're doing a great job!

Nice one laddie.
:)

Reactions: 2 people

Fynn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done ? I need some help with the low carb thing I get so confused what I can have and need some recipes which I could give a go

Everything you need you'll find on this website. Advice, information and ideas for meals and snacks. Have a look at the Low Carb Programme, a series of ten short lessons - says it all! Good luck!