Lucentis - New treatment for retinopathy?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I think the lucentis injections have been around for a couple of years now, almost certain they've been discussed on the forum before and a couple of members have received this treatment for diabetic retinopathy,

Reactions: 2 people
H

Hooked

I think the lucentis injections have been around for a couple of years now, almost certain they've been discussed on the forum before and a couple of members have received this treatment for diabetic retinopathy,

I thought the name sounded familiar. But then started to doubt myself. Must be just new across the pond.
Only laser surgery for my retinopathy so far.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I thought the name sounded familiar. But then started to doubt myself. Must be just new across the pond.
Only laser surgery for my retinopathy so far.

Did it go OK, it's not nice having laser done and I've been there myself.

H

Hooked

Did it go OK, it's not nice having laser done and I've been there myself.
Yes, it did. Had a few sessions on both eyes now. Last time I went to see him he said I didn't need any more for the time being (first time he said that!) and I'm to go back in three months time. Fingers crossed!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Yes, it did. Had a few sessions on both eyes now. Last time I went to see him he said I didn't need any more for the time being (first time he said that!) and I'm to go back in three months time. Fingers crossed!

Nice one, once your eyes are stable they will extend the time between appointment to 6 and then 9 monthly......possibly a year if your lucky.