Magnesium supplement

mamabatuk

I'm type 2 and on Trulicity 3mg, Metformin 2000mg/day, NovoRapid pre meals and Tresiba overnight. I've never had well controlled blood sugar, despite all the meds. I noticed that when I am stressed my blood sugars don't even react to the insulin - none of it! I was a nursing sister so I know that there's a connection between high cortisol and high blood sugar. So I started researching supplements (didn't want another drug) that could possibly lower cortisol levels. And found that there are various types of magnesium that each help with something like anxiety, joint pain, 3tc. I decided to try a triple complex magnesium (Bisglycinate, Malate and Taurate) with Vit B6. After two days I noticed my blood sugars coming down. I felt less anxious too, no palpitations, tight chest. My fasting sugars went down from over 15 to below 10 in about 4 days. I've had regular fasting sugars of 18+ before despite low carb meals.

My sugars have reacted so well that I've had to start reducing my insulin, both NovoRapid and Tresiba, and still have lowered fasting sugars. For about a week now my fasting has been under 6! I'm sleeping better and feeling way less tired.

Has anyone else experienced this when using magnesium? Is this a honeymoon period and my sugars are going to boomerang back up? I'm so hoping not!

Jen2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm type 2 and on Trulicity 3mg, Metformin 2000mg/day, NovoRapid pre meals and Tresiba overnight. I've never had well controlled blood sugar, despite all the meds. I noticed that when I am stressed my blood sugars don't even react to the insulin - none of it! I was a nursing sister so I know that there's a connection between high cortisol and high blood sugar. So I started researching supplements (didn't want another drug) that could possibly lower cortisol levels. And found that there are various types of magnesium that each help with something like anxiety, joint pain, 3tc. I decided to try a triple complex magnesium (Bisglycinate, Malate and Taurate) with Vit B6. After two days I noticed my blood sugars coming down. I felt less anxious too, no palpitations, tight chest. My fasting sugars went down from over 15 to below 10 in about 4 days. I've had regular fasting sugars of 18+ before despite low carb meals.

My sugars have reacted so well that I've had to start reducing my insulin, both NovoRapid and Tresiba, and still have lowered fasting sugars. For about a week now my fasting has been under 6! I'm sleeping better and feeling way less tired.

Has anyone else experienced this when using magnesium? Is this a honeymoon period and my sugars are going to boomerang back up? I'm so hoping not!
I haven’t had that experience. However, stress impacts me as well. When did you take your magnesium?