Maitake Mushroom (Grifola frondosa)

ginger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has come across the "wonder drug" made from Maitake Mushroom (Grifola frondosa). Supposedly helps with Type 2 and cancer. It has been tested and FDA approved in the US but I have never heard of it?

A top nutritionist at the cancer research hospital, Memorial Sloan Kettering, has recommended it to my friend who has breast cancer and she's told me about it because of it’s (supposed) benefits for T2. I hate fads and super drugs but this looks interesting. I would also be nervous of how it would react with metformin etc...

Here are two links that talk about it.

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/69294.cfm
http://www.maitake.com/whats_new.php?news_id=42&

Anyone tried it :?:

Warm regards, Ginger

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
I had heard of a mushroom that helped cancer but not diabetes before. So I read the article and I'm interested. I've looked it up on the internet but nothing as yet. I wonder if any of this is true. We've all heard the storied of things that will cure/help doabetics. Time will tell I suppose. :eek:

ginger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thought I would post a brief update... I have been taking the Maitke liquid since Aug and my blood sugar levels have gone done considerably. (eg in the morning, before breakfast, I use to measure 7 or 8 now I am below 6)

I have been losing weight too over the last two years and my blood has been getting better as a consequence but since the mushrooms I have notice a bigger drop. It maybe my weight is at a good place but the mushrooms are suppose to help with blood too.

It is expensive but seemly natural, harmless mushroom supplement. If I wasn't so pleased with the new lower results I would stop taking it for a bit and see what happened. I may do this at some point - maybe when my blood has stayed down in the "normal range" for a bit longer.

Best wishes,
Ginger

mannasage

I'm in the process of reversing my T2 diabetes, but the 3 RX I was taking only maintained my diabetes, sometimes it wasn't contained very well at all. Since I began using EcoNugenics' Integrative Metabolic Formula in late Feb., '09 my A1c has dropped from 7.2 to 6.0 last week. I've lost an add'l 7lbs from the original 19lbs lost over the last 2 yrs., & I'm not done there.

This formula also helped treated the diabetes Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema) together with Fluocinonide 0.05%. How do I know that the metabolic formula helped a lot, I'm on my 3rd tube of the RX, & it wasn't working that well, nor was it curing the itchiness.

As a tennis player (4X/week) & gym rat the other days, I find that D-Ribose (Life Extension Foundation, Ft. Laud., Fla) not only helps maintain energy levels in heart & muscle, but also helps lower my glucose levels before & after tennis, so who knows if D-Ribose also helped with this itchy skin condition.
None of the prescribed RX's did anything for the rash until my Dermatologist suggested the Fluocinonide.

GLA,

MannaSage

shogun4836

From major benefit of Maitake mushroom, it is what scientists have been studying and proves the benefits of the mushroom to get to the present day.