Major plateau in weight loss on LCHF

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I guess you have you answer then.
You have a typical diet above, and you may lose 3kg a year.
If you stick to that diet, you probably aren't actually stalled, as it's only 50g a month.
But you'll never feel hungry, and can eat as much as you feel like.

As I say, you need to understand how little some do eat on LCHF, and what their weight loss targets are, and if they are ever prepared to be hungry occasionally.

My diet was way more aggressive, I had 25kg to lose, 8 years was too long a timescale for me, I did it in just over one year.

You need to decide what your targets actually are, and take control for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn't mean to cause offence in any way, @lovinglife , so happy you have found your solution, especially in your difficult situation. I am retired and live a fairly charmed, stress free life, most of the time.

Like you, I lost about 30lbs of my 50 lost quickly, by then I was no longer 'obese' and just overweight and all my health markers had gone back to normal, (with the exception of cholesterol which I believe is irrelevant).

The question is, when is a stall a stall? In my opinion, it is far more important to focus on the improved blood sugars etc and regard the weight loss as a bonus (unless, say, you are morbidly obese and need to get weight down urgently).

But then I believe a lot of things that differ from the mainstream - I'm much more into common sense and old fashioned logic.

But so long as we find a solution that's right for each of us as individuals, and we are respectful of one another, we should all get on!

Reactions: 2 people

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn't mean to cause offence in any way, @lovinglife , so happy you have found your solution, especially in your difficult situation. I am retired and live a fairly charmed, stress free life, most of the time.

Like you, I lost about 30lbs of my 50 lost quickly, by then I was no longer 'obese' and just overweight and all my health markers had gone back to normal, (with the exception of cholesterol which I believe is irrelevant).

The question is, when is a stall a stall? In my opinion, it is far more important to focus on the improved blood sugars etc and regard the weight loss as a bonus (unless, say, you are morbidly obese and need to get weight down urgently).

But then I believe a lot of things that differ from the mainstream - I'm much more into common sense and old fashioned logic.

But so long as we find a solution that's right for each of us as individuals, and we are respectful of one another, we should all get on!
Had to read back to see if I was offended - I was a bit wasn't I? Lol - you must have caught me on a bad day - water under the bridge (())

Reactions: 2 people