Mammalian Meat Allergy & Ticks

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Really interesting report on a health connection I'd never heard of before. It's also especially worth watching as it gives a detailed explanation of the right way to remove a tick, which may be of interest to people who live in areas subject to Lyme Disease.

The segment just on tick removal:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got a tick in my arm from my cat once, made me feel sick looking at it!
I got a O'TOM TICK TWISTER from Amazon, they come in packs of two and I keep one indoors and one in my camper so I can de-tic my dog as soon as I spot one, really easy to use and doesn't squeeze the tics at all. There's lots of tics around here, it's all moorland or farmland and lots of sheep!

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was at my book club lunch a year ago when my friend opposite asked to look at the bite on my arm.She was a GP before she moved to France.
I had what is known as a bulls eye rash ie it looked like a bit like a target , mine wasn't as large as this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyme_d...hematous_rash_in_Lyme_disease_-_PHIL_9875.jpg) . She 'made' me go to my GP and I was put on antibiotics No-one knows whether it was a tick bite or just another bite that gave a reaction that had a similar appearance Prior to this, I wasn't aware of this 'sign' and certainly hadn't been aware of being bitten by a tick . ( but the cats are always getting them, I walk a lot and we even occasionally have deer in the garden so it isn't impossible)