1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Metformin alert

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Jo_the_boat, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Jo_the_boat

Jo_the_boat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

2. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Bit worried when I read the headline re metformin and carcinogens but it refers to a specific 33 batches in the US so probably best to keep taking the tablets in the UK. I wouldn't tell my dad not to take a safe drug that is linked to reduction in cancers.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

Seems to be batch related
    "The affected tablets were manufactured in India by Cadila Healthcare Limited and distributed in the U.S. by Viona."
    Also it appears to be regional or local to the environment where the French Lily plants are farmed or processed. The Uk has not withdrawn this drug so far. We may be at risk from imported supplies. Web pharmacy products purchased online may also be at risk.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It's old news rehashed over the last couple of years.

It's still available in Australia.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook