1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Metformin and insulin

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Melissa.coleman, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Melissa.coleman

Melissa.coleman · Active Member

Hi all

After seeing my consultant the other day he has decreased my levimer from 22 bd to 16 and 20 plus my usual humalog

He also added metformin as I have PCOS . I am on 500mg bd increasing to 1000mg bd... I have only been on it a few days but I have not had a reading above 10!!!! Such a miracle. My humalog doses have also decreased dramatically too. Anyone else found this t2 drug work well with insulin or could I b type 1.5???

I am worried about increasing it to 1000mg bd if only 500mg is working

They also added ramapril for blood pressure and to protect my kidneys

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. annepgill

annepgill Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Melissa wish I was on what you are lol my daily is metformin 1000 mg novorapid 12 units x 3 and lantus 16 units bedtime my bs is rarely in single numbers but on the rare occasions it does drop it hits the floor I wouldn't be frightened about the metformin rise though it may upset your tummy hope that's some help

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook