Mounjaro

Disconnected

I was put on Insulin for the first time in December, I was expecting a dramatic change in my blood sugars, but disappointingly no, my fasting mmol without Insulin was 11mmol, I started Insulin on 10units and it dropped to 10mmol, I'm now at 30units and it's still 10mmol. After talking with the diabetic nurse, she now want me to start Mounjaro, this is scaring me as I was put on its sister Trulicity 3 years ago and it ruined two years of my life, with side effects of aching and heavy legs, fatigue, diarrhea, flatulence, burping, and a lack of drive to do nothing except sit, my weight did not fall, it was misery. So I am scared to go on this Mounjaro as the same side effects are listed. Before I went on Insulin I was losing weight by being on the Low carb plan, my energy levels increased, I'd even started swimming. Since Insulin I've put all the weight back on, and I'm feeling demoralised as my blood sugars have not improved. So I ask how is this progress?

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Fasting levels are usually the last level to reduce. Have your levels pre and post meal throughout the day reduced, and has your hba1c @Disconnected? It could be that your insulin isn't at the right amount, but that's something your nurse would have to advise you on (we're not allowed to, as not medically trained).

• Agree
Reactions: ianf0ster

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It can be overwhelming at times, but you will get there. Testing pre and 2 hours after your first bite of a meal, as well as fasting is the best way of finding how different foods affect your levels.

Are you still low carbing? Maybe look to reducing carbs (depending on how many you are having in a day) but be careful as you're on insulin, and don't want to have a hypo.

If you haven't already tried a Libre sensor, they do a free trial of one sensor which lasts 14 days.