My situation , is it a good sign?

panpara

First diagnosed as diabetic on 13 of this month . The test result was
16.2 before eating anything and 24.8 after 2 hours of breakfast .

I am taking insulin. I am also walking nearly 1 hours in the morning and doing
1 hour exercise in the evening . Strictly maintaining diet . No sugar and over
eating . I feel better now.

With home test ( accu-chek) , I got it now 9.6 . Today I did not walk outside
and no gim as well .

Do you think it is a good sign , will it be further down if I continue this . Or
will I need to do anything extra to keep the sugar level below 6.2 and 8.0

thanks for reading and your reply in advance.

panpara

yesterday after exercise in the evening it was 7.2 but at the mid night I felt very bad and checked it was 4.2. It seems it is fluctuating a lot. WOuld you also please tell what are the reasons for fluctuating, what I can do to control that

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
First off, well done, sounds like your getting your numbers down. Keep at it as it sounds like what you're doing is working well. Secondly, you will never achieve exact precision with your number on a day-to-day basis even if you've done identical activities and meals. This is because a large number of factors go into your sugar levels (exercise, food, weather, stress, insulin absorption variability) and your meter is only accurate to within 10% of the actual reading.

That being said, you should aim for figures that are fairly consistent on a day-to-day basis for equivalent readings. The best way to do that is to get into a daily routine including exercise and eating (and injecting) at similar times.

To answer the drop in sugar levels at midnight, can you tell us what insulin your are on, what time you injected, what you ate that evening and if you did any exercise.

panpara

Thanks a lot for your answer.
To answer the drop in sugar levels at midnight, can you tell us what insulin your are on, what time you injected, what you ate that evening and if you did any exercise.

what insulin = not sure what information you need. I use novopen and cloudy looking carttridge
Injection Time : 12 p.m ( usually I do at 10 p.m ) - last night I had to go to Doc and then Gim
Food : Rice ( 3 cup) especially for diabetes , Vegetables, Eggs, and 1 cup milk after half an hour
Exercise : yes for one year

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The stop could be due to the gym. You can experience lows up to 24 hours after exercise. If it happens regularly you may want to have a snack before bed.