Need advice

Reemap

Hello All,
I had gaestational diabetes and it was my first pregnancy. I delivered baby in April 2019. My babies sugar was tested for 3 days after his birth and it was normal. Is it possible to get diabetes at later age because I have diabetes. Now I have type 2 diabetes.. he is putting on weight as usual. Now he is 7 month old. Are there any signs I can look for . Frequent urination and hunger cannot be a sign for me because he is too small as of now .

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Most people have the possibility of getting type 2 diabetes and those who are related to or, indeed, live with people who have a diagnosis are at greater risk. The "live with" bit seems a bit odd, but this is because families tend to have a similar diet and a diet with too much sugar/starch/carbs in it, leads to T2 diabetes in the susceptible.
As far as I am aware, you have no more need to worry about Baby than the next mother. Make sure that the whole family eat a healthy diet, not too much processed food and avoiding sugary drinks, biscuits, sweets and so on. Make sugar a treat, not the norm.
Knowing the symptoms of diabetes, you have a big advantage over most people: If there ever is a problem, you will recognise it.
My very best wishes to you and Baby.
Sally.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
If you are worried about T1 the signs are: