some advice please!

kirstiejayne

hello, i am looking for some advice as i think i have had a few episodes of low blood sugar...i will give as much info as possible that may help!

Im almost 29 years old ( female) i am active and healthy, although i am classed as underweight - but i have always been very petite. i try my best to eat a good diet although i have been known as a chocholic! i am happily married and we have 3 young children one who was born 9lb 6oz.

i have been having loads and loads of yeast infections - which are not very pleasent! and i have been finding what i think are symptoms of low blood sugar. twice i have been what i would call quite bad that it scared me! during the times it was 'bad' i experienced the following.. headache, heavy feeling in my arms, shaky hands rapid heart beat, feeling very faint, finding hard to concentrate and feeling almost like it was difficult to talk - i find it quite hard to explain, this happened yesterday and i felt so bad i checked with my son if he remebered how to call an ambulance if mummy ever felt ill! (this happened half way trhough eating my dinner) i felt very sick and felt like i was going to collapse. i then felt hungry and ate some chocolate and started to feel better - about half hour after i felt more normal and i then finished my dinner!

the first time this happened i spoke to my doctor who decided to do a fasting test the following morning which came back as 4.4 which i understand is normal and i felt fine, he also did a few other blood tests which all were normal.

i have had my blood sugar checked at a pharmacy (when i wass feeling ok) and it was just under 2 hours after eating and it was again 4.4, about an hour after the test was when i had my first 'bad attack'

i was just wondering if this could be symptoms of diabetes? as my blood tests came back normal the gp doesnt seem bothered!

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hi and welcome,
there are many things it could be, are u eating regulary as some need to eat little and often?
i would go and see your gp again and tell them exactly what is happening :)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
As totsy has siad this could be anything. You've seen a doctor and you have to go by what he/she says
Hana