needs help

smoorhouse

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am thinking of setting up a blog about diabetes and not sure wat to put in it that people want to no and wat people want to talk about or even videos were I can answer questions

Charles Robin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It depends what you want to achieve with your blog. Are you looking to chart your experiences, or educate people? It may well be that it's a bit of both. Also, who are your target audience? Think about whether you are tailoring things to other diabetics, or to non diabetics, where more explanation may be needed. For instance, if you wrote 'Went for my HBA1C today. Hoping for 6.5 or lower', that would be fine for other diabetics. However, you might as well be speaking Martian to many non diabetics.
Next you need to decide how much time you are going to dedicate this, and how brave you want to be. You could post every blood sugar result you get, what you are happy/unhappy with and how you will move forwards. You may not be comfortable with this, so you might just post about unusual results.
The bottom line is, you can post pretty much anything you want, but try and think about who you are trying to reach, and tailor it to fit that audience.

smoorhouse

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am thinking of doing a little of all the above target audience age range not sure and I am brave enough to do much anything and about 15 mins to start with till I get going

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Just write about your everyday life living with with type 1 diabetes.

smoorhouse

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Was going to get hubby involved too me been diabetic and him living with me and getting used to every thing and the trouble with have been through

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Was going to get hubby involved too me been diabetic and him living with me and getting used to every thing and the trouble with have been through

Sounds good, I'm sure by reading your blog many type's will be able to relate to what you write anyway, type 1 diabetes does have it's up's & down's and can try the patience of a saint.

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Things like that was thinking of videos on YouTube

There's some good video's on Youtube, this one is particularly funny and highlights quite well what type 1's have to put up with:

Reactions: 2 people

Hebe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You could try to think of things that haven't been done like :

different view points of say parents of diabetics ,non diabetics ,family ,friends ect.

Future of diabetes and how far it's come (the first insulin pump is interesting, it's like a back pack!)

Good luck

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Do. Lots of us have difficulties that come up with significant others and family .. and good to see it their way too. For instance my husband temporarily despairs of ever having a conversation with me again he says. But that's because I've just got my Libre. Others see it differently from us.