Neocitron

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know the carb count for Neocitron extra strength? My Google search answers range from 30g to 0 gram. Thank you

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know the carb count for Neocitron extra strength? My Google search answers range from 30g to 0 gram. Thank you
I don't know but I looked up the ingredients.
The active ingredients are acetaminophen 650 mg and phenylephrine hydrochloride 10 mg.
That last one is meant to help with a stuffy nose, but it doesn't work when ingested. Good marketing though!

So if you want to have the same effect you could simply get acetaminophen, likely cheaper than Neocitron. Plus a separate nose spray for the stuffy nose. If salt water doesn't do the job you could use a nose spray with xylometazoline, like Otrivin, works wonders for me when my nose is stuffed

Hope you'll feel better soon!

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know but I looked up the ingredients.
The active ingredients are acetaminophen 650 mg and phenylephrine hydrochloride 10 mg.
That last one is meant to help with a stuffy nose, but it doesn't work when ingested. Good marketing though!

So if you want to have the same effect you could simply get acetaminophen, likely cheaper than Neocitron. Plus a separate nose spray for the stuffy nose. If salt water doesn't do the job you could use a nose spray with xylometazoline, like Otrivin, works wonders for me when my nose is stuffed

Hope you'll feel better soon!
Thank you for doing that. I decided to go with sauna, shower, acetaminophen and bed. However, the next 24hours so far have included blocked house drains so no using water and flat tire on the vehicle so the snuffy nose is having to fade to insignificance.

• Hug
Reactions: Antje77 and Outlier