New Designed Test Strips From Abbot

Ipcress

Hi all,

I got a new box of test stips on prescription yesterday for my freedom lite meter and they were different. I went between the doctors and the chemists neither of which had any answers.
Tried one anyway and they worked. Looked on Abbots UK site today and there they are.
Sorry if someone else has already mentioned it.

Regards

janabelle

Dislikes
Lack of choice of insulin for newly diagnosed patients.
Dog owners who let their dogs poop in the street-a hazard for most, but worse if you're visually impaired!
Having RP
Had the same worry myself last week, when I opened my very last pack of strips to find they were different. Rang 2 local pharmacies, and neither pharmacist had any info which was disappointing. Like u, I tried one and it worked, and then had a look on the website.
The packs are a different colour and the test strips a different shape, so I'm sure we're not the only ones who were confused. I would have expected a pharmacist to have been informed about the change though.
Jus

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
Hopefully much easier to use when I'm not wearing my glasses 8) and can't see the test bit.

Talos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfriendly people, MP's,
I'm registered on the Abbott website and they sent out Emails to (I presume) members announcing the new strips, seems the only difference is the shape. I have used some and I must say they need just a tiny drop of blood to work, but size of the pickup area is tiny, I need my reading glasses to see it :( , but all in they are an improvement I think. :)

Pity they cant improve the price 8)

jocat44

I have my Abbotts meter registered with them. A few weeks back now I got a flyer through the post from them describing the new strips.
Jo