New diagnosis

barrooo

Hi all,

I was hoping someone would have some info on childhood diabetes or some links for me.

My daughter is only 2 1/2 and has been to the drs and has a b/g of 6.8 which the dr says is a little bit high, but I can only find b/g ranges for adults so I was wondering if anyone knew what they were supposed to be for very young children and any more info on potential diabetes in this young age group?

JimmyD

Hi

My daughter was diagnosed Dec 2007 at 3 and half, so please ask any questions and I will help.

JimmyD

lionrampant

Type 1 usually presents in childhood - or at least used to. Do you mean she's 6.8 after starting insulin or she was 6.8 when diagnosed and caught by chance?

barrooo

First off, thanks for all the replies they've been very helpful.

I think I may have been a bit vague in my original post, fingers crossed she's not been diagnosed with diabetes yet. This was just a prelimary test because she'd been sick and was drinking a lot, so the gp thought it best to do a b/g which came out at 6.8, and as she hadn't eaten for about 3hrs, this seemed towards the upper end of normal. The next step is a urinalysis and a tolerance test if abnormal, so I can only wait on those results.

I may just be worrying unduly, but I thought I'd post on here to get some advice