New meds

Jimbo1973

Dislikes
Beetroot, Cucumber, Radish, Prawns - and arrogant people that have no understanding of how ill you can really be without looking ill
After beginning to combat the high BM's i've had of times recent, getting sub 8 readings after being in double figures almost constantly, i'm beginning to struggle again. Was in hospital last night due to exceptionally high readings (28.6) and a temp of 38.3, ketones in my urine and a blinding headache. My own GP sent me to the MAU with a handwritten letter, turned up and was promptly despatched to A&E as my GP had no rang them to inform them i was inbound. Sat in A&E for 4 hours, 3 of them in isolation due to the fact i'd been suffering with diarrhoea, then was diagnosed with a throat infection, given some antibiotics and sent home. All this despite my GP's letter asking them to take bloods for analysis and i had ketones in my urine - never once did the dr I saw @ A&E take uch notice when I said this to her - just said: The throat infection will cause your BM's to be a little distorted, just take these antibiotics and your metformin, you'll start to feel normal again in a few days :shock:

Been back to my GP this morning who is horrified at what happened last nite, bm's 16.2 this morning, ketones still in urine and ive still got a headache. He's now changed my regular Metformin to Metformin SR, and upped the dose to 4 a day from 3 a day - said i need to go back in two weeks and if im still not right then he'll give me something else to take with the Metformin.
On a positive side, ive just had a call from the diabetes team advising me the dietician will ring me ASAP to get me in for a chat about food management - cant wait for that conversation now !!

Well - im gona head off for a soak, read book and sort out my music collection for a new project im involved with

Catsh you all later folks

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Jeez, Jimbo, that's the kind of Xmas night out you could do without! :shock:
Keep a close eye on those numbers and I hope they head in the right direction for yousoon. We'd be interested in what your dietician has to say about it.
Keep us posted, and look after yourself.

fergus

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
awww jimbo,
sorry u arent well,as fergus says keep an eye on the numbers
and get well sooooon :D

Jimbo1973

Dislikes
Beetroot, Cucumber, Radish, Prawns - and arrogant people that have no understanding of how ill you can really be without looking ill
Still waiting for the dietician to ring me from the other day !!

I have a really nasty throat infection and that is throwing my BM's way high at the moment. I've not been eating too much for the last couple of days but i'm drinking water like theres no tomorrow just to keep me hydrated - I've had to resort to buying Volvic Sugar Free as im sick of ordinary bottled water.

Hopfully going back in work tomorrow, still feeling immensley **** today

Jim

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Good luck and keep those carbs down

LittleSue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Don't rush back to work before you're ready. Putting yourself under stress won't help your bs.

jumbo

LOL @ 4 hours in hospital after seeing doc u were in the lounge all of friday night feeling fine throwing around the usual banter funny isnt it how ur life changes from one chat server to the next you do make me laugh