1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

NEW TO FORUM

Discussion in 'Greetings and Introductions' started by Steveblue1, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Steveblue1

Steveblue1 Type 2 · Newbie

Good afternoon forum members i have final y found time to get involved with diabetes uk after being diagnosed type 2 for 13 years.I look forward to any advice and further discussions in my quest to lose weight and reduce my high blood secure levels.

• Like Like x 6
  2. carol43

carol43 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Hi stevenblue 1, we are diabetes.co.uk, diabetes uk is a completely different site. Have a read around the forum there is plenty of advice to help a new member.

3. Sobeit

Sobeit Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi Steveblue and welcome !:) Best of luck with weight loss etc. It will help a lot being on here.Lots of learning! I got diagnosed almost 2 weeks ago .This forum is great.. people are so helpful with great feedback.Makes all the difference and we dont feel so alone:).

• Like Like x 2
  4. BlueTwist

BlueTwist Other · Well-Known Member

Welcome, I am new to the forum as well, been a Type 2 for 10 years.

• Like Like x 2
  5. paruri

paruri Type 2 · Active Member

6. 4ratbags

4ratbags Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forum, Im sure you will find the forum an invaluable place for advice and support.

7. ButtterflyLady

ButtterflyLady Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome :)

Is there anything we can help with? What sort of blood sugar levels have you been getting?

8. 13lizanne

13lizanne Type 2 · Expert

Hello, I too have just recently found this forum been type 2 for almost 10yrs. Am currently losing weight with low carbohydrate high fat diet (you can read all about it on the Low Carb Forum) and my blood sugar readings are now in normal range. I struggled with both for years so, be encouraged Steve, you are so welcome here.

9. eddie1968

eddie1968 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum ! :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook