New to type 2 and have a question

snowdrop345

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ive just been diagnosed with type 2 and started metformin today. Stupidly i didnt plan my meal properly and after rushing around all day i just got a take out on the way home. 2 hours later my sugars are 9.2. Dont suppose thats massively high compared tp what ive been reading but im worried how i can bring it down. Any advice gratefully received.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Ive just been diagnosed with type 2 and started metformin today. Stupidly i didnt plan my meal properly and after rushing around all day i just got a take out on the way home. 2 hours later my sugars are 9.2. Dont suppose thats massively high compared tp what ive been reading but im worried how i can bring it down. Any advice gratefully received.

It will come back down so don't worry ..... what did you have by the way?

Need to understand that to determine how it might have affected your levels. You should also tell us what your general readings are.

Lazybones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome to the forum. Firstly a reading of 9.3 mmol/L 2 hours after eating a meal is slightly high but not to bad in that you haven't gone into double figures.
Also if you've just started on the Metformin Today, then it might take a short time before it becomes effective as it dosent work instantly in controlling Blood Glucose levels, and will only start to become more effect in a few days time.
Exercise is a wonderful means of bringing Blood Glucose levels down as is maintaining a good height/waist ratio and/or body weight.
All the best for the future - Lazybones