Newbie, 18yo and been diabetic for 10 of them!

TheSparkyPony

For ages I've been trying to find a supportive diabetic forum, and thank God I've come across this!
Anyway, I'm Ali (Hi!) and I'm 18 years old. I've had diabetes for the past 10 years, and due to lack of control, am now suffering the joys of neuropathy.
I've come seeking, hopefully, similar people, as I'm trying to suss out the whole neuropathic thing as my doctors haven't been very informative (Told them I had numbness, they ignored it, I researched online and discovered neuropathy, went back to them and they agreed and flooded me with prescriptions :roll: ) and to generally chat and share with like minded people.

Oh, and ignore the username, have a pony, called Sparky :wink: so again, anyone with diabetes and horses let me know too!

Thanks for reading and look forward to hearing from you! :mrgreen:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the forum Ali, have a good read round especially the type 1 forum and if you do a search in the top right hand box you will probably find quite a lot on neuropathy.

TheSparkyPony

sugarless sue said:
Welcome to the forum Ali, have a good read round especially the type 1 forum and if you do a search in the top right hand box you will probably find quite a lot on neuropathy.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya ali and a warm welcome to the forum,
i too love horses ,my stepdad has 12, sadly ive not rode for a few mnths after a fall where i broke my calcaneus badly, hoping to ride again soon,
amanda