Newcastle diet- which veg?

pamital

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All

I started doing the Newcastle diet with tesco's ultraslim (cheap and I will be trying different shakes later).
I'm doing 3 a day but do you think adding 50gr and a little veg would be ok?
Which veg do people use?

TIA

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suggest you read the detailed information on the newcastle diet, complete with the suggestions for monitoring at your local surgery, and the other advice on added fats and veg.

I'm afraid i don't have the links to the correct information, but i know some people who do.
@Pipp @AndBreathe

There has been a lot of recent discussion on the boards about the ND, and it worries me how many people seem to be making it up as they go along, skipping veg, not eating the added fat, and not getting medical approval and monitoring.

Sorry if i sound pedantic. But i have done several very low calorie diets, and i really wish i had known then, what i know now. They have affected my metabolism for years. Professor Taylor's information is brilliantly helpful, and includes several caveats and explanations as to why his protocol is designed the way it is.

Good luck, but please make sure you have all the information you need.

Reactions: 4 people

pamital

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. I will do. I think I'll make an appointment with the gp next week.

Reactions: 2 people

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've done the ND twice and Tesco Ultraslim is fine. I like the strawberry one and I liked the fact that they are in pre-measured sachets.

As for veg - I stuck with a 250g mix of Broccoli, Cauliflower and Sprouts as well as the three shakes a day.

It all adds up to around 800 calories.

Good luck :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All

I started doing the Newcastle diet with tesco's ultraslim (cheap and I will be trying different shakes later).
I'm doing 3 a day but do you think adding 50gr and a little veg would be ok?
Which veg do people use?

TIA
Any green veg, or salad, plus some oil to prevent gall stones. Drink plenty of water, and do get monitored by doc or nurse.