1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Newcastle/Low calorie Diet question

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Jaypee247, May 5, 2015.

1. Jaypee247

Jaypee247 Type 2 · Newbie

Hi Everybody.

First post so please be kind :)

I’m starting the Newcastle Diet but I don’t want to use any ‘replacement meal shakes’. Does anybody have any recommendations as to what foods (fruits, veg, meats etc) would be best to eat to keep within the calorie/carb restrictions but still get all the vitamins/nutrients/protein that I need?

Thanks in advance for any advice/help.

• Like Like x 2
  2. catinahat

catinahat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

3. trotskyite

trotskyite · Well-Known Member

If I did it again I would up the calories to around 1200 only eat real food and have much more protein. 3 meals. Just chicken breast salad, bean/veg soup, sandwich job done.

4. Jaypee247

Jaypee247 Type 2 · Newbie

Thanks for the great advice guys.

Would I still get the same results on a 1200 calorie diet instead of 800 after the eights weeks or would it take longer?

Also after you'd finished the diet were you 'cured' and what do you eat nowadays?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook