Newly diagnosed type 2

big sull

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone I'm Scott and recently diagnosed type 2.
I'm not on any medication at present for this as I have to change my diet which is OK to deal with being more food conscious now, however ever since this change I started feeling the benefit of changing eating habits etc but I'm not one for being a burden on the health service so I thought I'd come here for advice as I've noticed that my hands have started to become sore mainly fingers and knuckles in the morning it's a bloody nightmare and strength grip has dropped but also I'm feeling like totally spaced out feeling dizzy light headed and in a way like I'm not on this planet like when us guys get the man flu but this isn't the man flu if I make sense and I'm just wondering if anybody is like this.

Scott

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
welcome @big sull
So can I ask what your diet has changed to?

One option could be you have cut lots of carbs out of your diet and you may be suffering from what is known as carb flu. It lasts about a week and then you feel on top of the world.

Bigsull1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Andrew, many thanks for your reply, my diet has changed to include more fish fruit and veg and wholemeal compared to the taxi drivers diet.

I was feeling great when I made the change about 2 months ago but now I feel awful