Newly Diagnosed type1

Himtiw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hii everyone i hail from india , its been 2 days since i have been daignosed with type 1 diabetes and my world come crumbling:confused::confused:
my fasting sugars were 249 mg/dl and after meal they were 350 mg/dl... as indian food is full of carbs i feel how i will survive and manage this condition... morever iam just selected to work for an MNC..so have to be out of home ..... IAM DOOMED......:(:(:(..

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the forum, Himtiw! You've come to the right place for friendly support and advice. You're bound to be feeling a bit shell-shocked at the moment, but as a few days go by and you get to grips with things, you'll find you'll be great and totally able to manage.
Feel free to ask specific questions about diabetes and its management: someone on here has 'been there done that'. :)

Reactions: 2 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you omit/limit bread/rice/potatoes that still leaves quite a lot of Indian food one can enjoy.

I had a prawn madras and vegetable curry myself last night. I just ate them with a couple of papadums instead of rice.

Himtiw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks guys for ur support ......i am experincing rise in my bg around afternnon ....after having meal.... currently my doc prescribed me of mixtard 30
16units in morning and 8 units before dinner i think thats not working for me....also its is difficult to get your hands on pump here...

Himtiw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
also jack412 that low carb diet plan is for southindian i belong from northpart of the country where food is totally different..... but thanks anyway:)
:)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello and welcome to the forum. It can be a big shock when diagnosed, also confusing, bewildering and a bit scary too.:eek: It will take a little time to come to terms with the changes, but it usually does get easier, just take your time and as others have said, this is a good place for support and advice. ps You could have a google as well about type1 management. Good luck :)

Take care RRB :)

Himtiw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey people i wanna ask what will be better prefilled insulin pens aur seprate bolus and basal injections coz ryt now iam using mixtard 30 flexipen....and its not giving its effect i think...