Newly diagnosed

Caz141

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Keep it simple As lobsang says above. Keep the carbs low. Eat fats that occur naturally (nor the marg/veg/sunflower type oils that are heavily processed and have way too many omega 6’s). Eat til you are full. As you need to gain weight that’s all for now. Some people eat 80% or 90% fats. The app might have a setting for keto or low carb. Take a look.

Thanks again with your help HSSS, it did have a setting that i could change in my program. It now Gives me more of a realistic goal for a non average body but a healthier one for not being average in my diet. My meals are spot on for 30g during the day just need to now tweak my teas and coffee’s for the day. Slowly getting used to black.lol

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It now Gives me more of a realistic goal for a non average body but a healthier one for not being average in my diet
Really not sure what that actually means :)

I switched to herbal teas as I didn’t expect milk or sugar in those and they were easier to adapt to than my usual drinks changed. Maybe an option for some of them at least.

Reactions: Omar51

Lobsang Tsultim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just factor full fat milk for teas and coffees into my carb allowance and use a sweetener. I drink tea and coffee without if I have to but I prefer the taste with. And before someone suggests you get used to the changed flavour eventually - I tried that years ago, and after 2 years without using sugar or any sweetener, I still hadn’t got used to the taste.

Reactions: Omar51 and Caz141

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just factor full fat milk for teas and coffees into my carb allowance and use a sweetener. I drink tea and coffee without if I have to but I prefer the taste with. And before someone suggests you get used to the changed flavour eventually - I tried that years ago, and after 2 years without using sugar or any sweetener, I still hadn’t got used to the taste.

I personally think one is a matter of will power and two is the reason for the change. I have been drinking coffee for 30/35 years. I used to drink it with cream and sugar.

13/14 years ago I find out I am pre, so I started black coffee ️ only. Recently my BP was high (palpitations). Four weeks ago I stopped coffee completely (cold turkey). Now I drink black decaf tea w/o cream and sugar. Well such is life. Wish good luck to all!

Last edited: