Dr phones: Hey you've got diabetes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I know exactly how you feel
Dr not my usual I hasten to add but a young sprog just out of nappies.
can you come and see me we've heard back from the pct regarding your hip replacements,
after examination,
yes there is a marked deterioration in movement on both,
wait for it,
can you do more exercise
your too young for a double op .

must be growing younger or he needs newer glasses.

Reactions: 2 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah yes but, no but, I think they are hoping I will give in gracefully and take my place amongst the heavenly choir so it will cost them nowt, but then I'm a stubborn old P ......t, no that's parrot, and intend hanging on till the day, before I pop my clogs, preferably just as they wheel me in, oh yeah.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Can't say bring it on, I want to be around to fart, dribble and wet my pants at my great granddaughters wedding. I HAVE A DREAM

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Whiskers on the chin and all, I am working on growing the beard, no warts though, just my luck, but I live in hopes, there's time yet she's only coming up to 1yr old.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Just had a call from the doctors surgery seems my glucose tolerance test has come back as positive.Wow that was fast i only had it done yesterday morning they sure dont hang around do they.So anyways im seeing the diabetic nurse next Thursday morning to talk it all over.Fun and games ahead.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear that John, but look on the bright side, you now know what's going on and having been here you are forewarned, not only that you have now joined the gang of THE UNSINKABLES

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sorry to hear that John, but look on the bright side, you now know what's going on and having been here you are forewarned, not only that you have now joined the gang of THE UNSINKABLES

Thanks Satindoll :) Yes i know whats what now and no more wondering.Thats one hurdle over and i still have another hurdle to cross.I have to go in hospital for scans on Lesions that have decided to form on my kidneys.Im in the dark about that one with no set date as yet.

Back to the diabetic topic i know now im gunna have to go for my toe nails cutting.Diabetics arent allowed to cut own toe nails.Now im gunna be wondering how its gunna be controlled either with tabs or insulin and both or diet.My mother controlled hers with diet and dads dog had insulin injections

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Satindoll :) Yes i know whats what now and no more wondering.Thats one hurdle over and i still have another hurdle to cross.I have to go in hospital for scans on Lesions that have decided to form on my kidneys.Im in the dark about that one with no set date as yet.

Back to the diabetic topic i know now im gunna have to go for my toe nails cutting.Diabetics arent allowed to cut own toe nails.Now im gunna be wondering how its gunna be controlled either with tabs or insulin and both or diet.My mother controlled hers with diet and dads dog had insulin injections

I cut my toenails as I'm still waiting for a second appointment to see the chiropodist, first took 4 years to come and she said see you in 6 months if I hadn't done them myself I'm sure they would be a mile long by now, ok exaggeration, either tabs or jabs doesn't matter which just do what you know you should I prefer jabs no Metformin Bum Syndrome.
Don't know much about kiddilies other than had a scan for a stone, yes it did hurt passing the stone, and that mine lazy buggers are laying down not standing up like other peoples, but it doesn't seem to affect how they are working.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I cut my toenails as I'm still waiting for a second appointment to see the chiropodist, first took 4 years to come and she said see you in 6 months if I hadn't done them myself I'm sure they would be a mile long by now, ok exaggeration, either tabs or jabs doesn't matter which just do what you know you should I prefer jabs no Metformin Bum Syndrome.
Don't know much about kiddilies other than had a scan for a stone, yes it did hurt passing the stone, and that mine lazy buggers are laying down not standing up like other peoples, but it doesn't seem to affect how they are working.

My wife has her toe nails done every 3 months or so the chiropodist comes here to do it.Now i know id not qualify for that part of the service being able bodied id have to go to the clinic just the same as i have to go to the doctors surgery.Her toe nails dont grow much in that time.Mine usually grow quickly and i usually do them say monthly after a shower is best as the soap seems to soften the nails.If i left mine for 3 months id more than likely be unable to get my shoes on they would be hard to walk with too..Meformin is a deffo no no after seeing my wife go funny and be admitted to hospital they took her off Metformin pronto.I dont wanna be the same way.I have to inject her with insulin once per day and test her sugar levels too.Must admit i dont like doing it and the thought of doing it to myself well i guess ill have to if my diabetes is controlled that way.We shall find that out next week when i see the practice nurse.I know one thing ill do all i can to control it unlike my wife who has declined insulin twice per day.she also delcines to test more than one per day.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
How about we join forces, you in your pram me in mine, then when we get in we start throwing our toys out, bagzy I the rubber parrott

My wife gets like that and throws toys from the pram so to speak lol

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
,I Know this may sound harsh but its time to take care of yourself, if your ill who will take care of her, likely she will end up in a home or need a nurse to come in, time to be selfish and tell her to get a grip on it, its not so bad the jabs I mean, I test at least 8 times a day and jab up twice more if needed, I like many long termers just do it now, it becomes a way of life, I consider myself lucky in that its only twice a day my heart goes out to those who do it more and have done for many many years.
I realise this is maybe not what you wanted to hear, but you can bet someone else out there is thinking the same, if not then I apologise for being blunt

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
,I Know this may sound harsh but its time to take care of yourself, if your ill who will take care of her, likely she will end up in a home or need a nurse to come in, time to be selfish and tell her to get a grip on it, its not so bad the jabs I mean, I test at least 8 times a day and jab up twice more if needed, I like many long termers just do it now, it becomes a way of life, I consider myself lucky in that its only twice a day my heart goes out to those who do it more and have done for many many years.
I realise this is maybe not what you wanted to hear, but you can bet someone else out there is thinking the same, if not then I apologise for being blunt

Yeah i know where you are coming from there.I work tirelessly like so many personal carers and not get much time for my own health.Its a common trait of personal carers.I have told her several times to get a grip and listen to the medical advice etc.I tested my BS an hour ago and it was 6.3 which im very happy about and at the same time wondering if it could be controlled with just tabs and diet alone.

Nope you have not been blunt as you say someone else would have thought the same thing as you and id be the same if it was another poster saying the same as me.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe then its time for you to be blunt, yes its hurtful but as I told my hubby, if you don't follow the drs orders then don't expect me to pick you up off the floor, I just don't have the strength and you obviously don't care enough about me to put me in that situation, since then he has started to take better care of himself.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Maybe then its time for you to be blunt, yes its hurtful but as I told my hubby, if you don't follow the drs orders then don't expect me to pick you up off the floor, I just don't have the strength and you obviously don't care enough about me to put me in that situation, since then he has started to take better care of himself.

Yeah i had a go at her last night and the carer came in as we were arguing and i told her and she had a word with her and told her of the dangers of type 2 how it can do damage that cant be seen.Some people have gone blind with it others have lost legs cos of gangrene.Others have died.