Nimble wholemeal bread

Carolann@58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Almonds
After running out of low-carb bread, I thought I'd try Nimble to make some bacon sarnies with. I've looked for other lower-carb bread, such as Hi-Lo, but couldn't seem to find any. Anyway, I had four slices, with four rashers of fried bacon, and the readings weren't too bad: 5.7 before, and then 7.1 two hours later.

It wasn't all that nice, so can anyone recommend some generally-available lower-carb breads that I can try please?
I just started eating sourdough bread I had 2 slice with 2 slices of thin slice ham lettuce cucumber and tomatoes

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just started eating sourdough bread I had 2 slice with 2 slices of thin slice ham lettuce cucumber and tomatoes
I've got some in the freezer. It's more expensive, but it's gorgeous, and a couple of (defrosted) slices a week don't pose a problem.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Warburtons Danish Bread is slightly higher in carbs but as you say good for bacon butties! That thought is making my mouth water lol!

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I remember Danish bread from a few years ago. It's a bit cheaper than sourdough and would make a lovely bacon butty. Once I've finished off the sourdough I think I'll get some.