non-invasive glucose testing

david1946

Biosign Technologies of Canada on February 11, 2010 received ISO approval for its non-invasive glucose testing. To get the press release go to www.cnq.ca stock symbol bio

frenchkittie

Link to the actual press release
http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/February2010/11/c8824.html

A small extract:

TORONTO, Feb. 11 /CNW/ - Biosign Technologies Inc. (CNSX: BIO) ("Biosign" or the "Company") today announced it has been assessed and certified as meeting the requirements of ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485-2003, and Directive 93/42/EEC ("CE Mark") for automated wrist blood pressure and blood glucose monitors with computer controls. The certificates allow Biosign to add non-invasive blood glucose monitoring to its offerings in the European Union and other regions that recognize these certifications.

Practically, UFIT(R) TEN-20 is a blood pressure monitor that also reads blood glucose. There is no additional hardware. Measurements are completely non-invasive, with results verifiable for accuracy and relevance.

IrishJoe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Fish =p
Interesting... blood pressure increases as sugar increases (as it's thicker?) maybe ? I wonder if it's pie in the sky thought..

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Just had a look at link, I am a bit lost here, is it a continuos monitor or one that you can just get a quick check of bp and bg?

Doesn't really say for what I have read!

Nigel

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
It sounds as if it is an additional feature to a bp monitor which sounds great, particularly if it circumvents the hideous expense and profiteering of the testing strips. 8)

However, do not hold your breath! :roll:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Synonym said:
It sounds as if it is an additional feature to a bp monitor which sounds great, particularly if it circumvents the hideous expense and profiteering of the testing strips. 8)

However, do not hold your breath! :roll:

That's a good point! Although being type 1 I don't pay for test strips, it does however peeve me off when I think that some people with diabetes have to pay £15 + for their own strips. It is one gravy train I would love to see hit the buffers.

Nigel

surfsouljah

I have looked into Biosign Technologies further. Apparently they are a public company currently trading on a small Canadian exchange called the CNQ. Biosign has just announced a 4.5M dollar private placement, which makes me think they havn't been 'discovered' by a medical giant yet.

Their product is a wrist cuff that resembles a typical blood pressure monitor. You connect it to your computer via USB or I believe by Bluetooth. The monitor takes a reading of your blood pressure and computes blood glucose using proprietary software algorithms. The measurement is completely NON INVASIVE! Clinical studies have indicated that the glucose measurements are 98% accurate to labratory invasive testing results!

Blood pressure and glucose readings are then stored on your computer and can be sent to medical professionals via email etc. It looks like Microsoft has certified Biosign as a partner of some sort which makes me think that a relationship of some sort is budding there. I imagine IBM is probably in bed as well providing servers etc.

Non invasive glucose monitoring is the Holy Grail of Diabetic monitoring. And it has been discovered. This paradigm shift will not occur ten years down the road. It will happen NOW. This is very exciting!!!

The potential for this product is infinite. The benefits to those suffering diabetes (as my Grandfather did) are obvious. I am not a diabetic, but would love to monitor my blood pressure and glucose levels as part of my health concious lifestyle. I can't wait till this product becomes available as I think it would be neat to monitor my blood glucose levels throughout my work day, pre and post workouts etc.....

surfsouljah

Great news from accross the pond!

It seems as though the paradigm shift has begun!

Paste the following link in your browser:

http://insurancenewsnet.com/article.aspx?id=172223

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
surfsouljah said:
Non invasive glucose monitoring is the Holy Grail of Diabetic monitoring. And it has been discovered. This paradigm shift will not occur ten years down the road. It will happen NOW.

Let us hope so! :D 8)