"The App works by a user placing a fingertip over the camera lens of their smartphone; a series of images are then taken which allows the app to accurately figure out information about the user’s blood flow. The images are then sent to the cloud for analysis and, from this, it is able to provide an accurate account of a user’s vitals, including their blood sugar levels."
There's no mention of a back light which would seem logical.
Thanks for the link @DunePlodder , have you signed up for the alpha testing? I wonder what the cost will be if it goes ahead and whether it will be comparable to such as the Libre Freestyle?
Thanks for the link @DunePlodder , have you signed up for the alpha testing? I wonder what the cost will be if it goes ahead and whether it will be comparable to such as the Libre Freestyle?
It's an app. There would have to be a subscription or time expiring licence to get a revenue stream. However even if they adopt these models, there is no manufacturing cost as with Libre so I'd be very surprised of it were anywhere close to their costs.