Not feeling very well

Beshlie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been feeling generally unwell for the last few days, and today my BS was 7.7 - 2 hrs after my usual breakfast, where it is usually about 5.5. I started on some Meloxicam (Mobic) inflammatory tablets yesterday because I have a flare up in my upper back which just wouldn't respond to pain meds and I could hardly move or get comfy in bed. The pain seems a bit better so far today, but I feel generally unwell with fatigue and a 'foggy' head and feeling really low. Also, I've been having palpitations that have made me 'swimmy' for a few days. I'm going for my 6 month check up for diabetes tomorrow so will mention it to the nurse. My BS levels in general are OK and was wondering if the Meloxicam could have made my BS go up? I'm also suffering with hayfever at the moment and my voice is disappearing! Sorry to seem like I am moaning but I feel so awful.

jim1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Beshlie, good luck with your check up tomorrow.

If you google Meloxicam and BS you will see other diabetics ask the same question and there is some evidence that it does affect levels.

jim

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I was going to say something similar as Jim. What ever it is( could be side effects of new medication) I really hope it passes soon and you start to feel much better. Take care:)

Reactions: 2 people

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find Indocid (anti-inflammatory) has a similar effect on my BG, so I only use it when absolutely necessary.

Reactions: 2 people

Beshlie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm still taking Meloxicam but my BS seems back to normal today, but the pain has really taken off again, it's like someone is sticking a hot poker into my back - so tender. My check up went well and my feet are OK, but it was found that my heartbeat/pulse are too slow which is making me tired all the time. I think it's going to be checked out as my heart is only beating between about 37 - 47 times a minute, and I discovered that this is what has been making me dizzy and faint, it's called Bradycardia, but I don't know if there is any connection to diabetes unless diabetes has caused heart disease (hope not!).

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goodness, no wonder you feel so rough!
Did you know you had heart problems previously, or has this come as a shock?