Odd blood tests

wiz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi folks, this is rather odd thing that happened when I went for my yearly HBA1C test.

Went in June 2010 and basically forgot to ring surgery for results.

Today was asked to go to surgery to pick up my haemoglobin D Punjab card. Well I thought whats this all about, as I never had this test or was told one was taking place.

What has happened is my diabetes blood tests are not on the doctors computer and showing as not yet done, but haemoglobin disorders test was performed and I have Haemoglobin D Punjab.

Well this has caused a right rumpus as none of my parents had this and I can only theorise something like my father may not be my father, this is a shocker and now the rest of family is getting blood tests to see if they to carry it.

As many will understand this can only be passed on if one of your parents have the same.

Has anyone else came up against this on routine tests?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Discuss this with your doctor and get your blood tests repeated in case this is a case of mistaken identity.

wiz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
sugarless sue said:
Discuss this with your doctor and get your blood tests repeated in case this is a case of mistaken identity.

The more I think about it it must be a mistake as I have noticed on the card I was given date tested given as 1/7/2010.

I was last tested in June 2010.

Mind you the first test was in May which they messed up, hence a repeat test in June (no results yet) and this one no idea when done.

Just gives yer confidence in the surgery and hospital :lol: :lol: