Okra!!

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Been eating that for quite a while, mainly in curries.
Tastes good, doesn't cause any spikes,

Reactions: 4 people

Chi11y

There was something one of my colleagues in the Philippines poster on Facebook this week around leaving okra in water overnight then drinking the water in the morning apparently reduces bg!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hawnet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
judgemental people, billy liars,
Yes I saw that too chilly, it acted like insulin????????????????????

Neverbloobloo

Type 2, diagnosed six years ago. I have just started to try the Okra drink, now on day 4. My normal morning reading is usually between 6.8 and 7.8 and seems to stay there no matter what I eat (sensibly) the day/night before. This morning however my level was 5.8 ! Now I know that one swallow a summer does not make but hey.....?
fingers crossed this might help me to avoid going on metformin which my doctor keeps suggesting.

Neverbloobloo

Not so good today, back at 7.0, however I had a really lazy day yesterday and maybe a bit high on the carbs? Anyway I am going to stick with this for at least a month to see how it goes. got m

Reactions: Greenwave

Neverbloobloo

meant to add that I have my annual review in a couple of weeks so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Remember "You don't know what you don't know"

A

AnnieC

There was something one of my colleagues in the Philippines poster on Facebook this week around leaving okra in water overnight then drinking the water in the morning apparently reduces bg!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is that uncooked Okra ?

Neverbloobloo

Yes, I followed the instruction I saw on a you-tube clip. I wash four Okra, cut off the top and bottom, make a slit down the full length of one side then let them soak in a covered glass of water overnight. Then in the morning first thing, I pour the water into another glass, take each okra and squeeze the sap into the water (looks a bit messy but really no problem). Throw away the used okra and drink the water, its not too bad but does leave a slight aftertaste which goes very quickly.

Keeth

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Type 2, diagnosed six years ago. I have just started to try the Okra drink, now on day 4. My normal morning reading is usually between 6.8 and 7.8 and seems to stay there no matter what I eat (sensibly) the day/night before. This morning however my level was 5.8 ! Now I know that one swallow a summer does not make but hey.....?
fingers crossed this might help me to avoid going on metformin which my doctor keeps suggesting.
All I know is that Okra is working for me my BG have gone down to 6.1 from 12 and sometimes 14. I have stoped taking my Dapagliflozin now for two days and my BG is still ok ? trust me it works