Type 1 One Touch Select (+) Error 5

B583

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
MARMITE!!
I've not long ago got a new One Touch Select Plus meter (1) & had "Error 5" messages immediately after applying the blood. Then calling Customer Services, getting another meter (2) & returning the test strips (being an error with the strips, apparently!!) still getting the same error message, though able to get the occasional reading. Once again calling Customer Service, they supplied some control solution with once again another meter (3) though still getting the same error message. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS TROUBLE WITH THE METER???? Supplying the company with details of the meters & test strips I was using at the time, they're still unaware of the cause of the error. Also awaiting response of whether they require the meters returns for analysis, if not HOW CAN THEY BE DISPOSED OF SENSIBLY?? As the chemist doc's won't take them to dispose or return themselves, unless I'm given a paid return envelope to return them all with strips.

TwinkleT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey, I have a similar meter 'One Touch Ultra Easy'. Sometimes, when I am in a rush, I insert the blood too quick into the strip (meaning before the drop image is displayed) and it gives me Error 5 meaning the blood was given way too quickly. You might want to wait for the meter to first turn on, do its thing and a blood drop display should come up 'beeping' which means you can now insert your blood into the strip.

Reactions: Struma

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I used to use one of them and I got the same and I just went to a different manufacturer for a different meter and I got a contour next one meter and I find it a lot better than that one and it is easier to use it and you don't get any error messages and you don't need to worry about placing to little blood as you get a second chance to add more and they are done by Bayer and are a lot smaller than that one you use and you can add insulin dose in to it and I also use a next usb meter which is nearly the same and has a rechargeable battery in it and again no error messages on it

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Meters can be disposed of at your local recycling centre (The Tip.)
They go in the 'small electrical appliances' area.

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey, I have a similar meter 'One Touch Ultra Easy'. Sometimes, when I am in a rush, I insert the blood too quick into the strip (meaning before the drop image is displayed) and it gives me Error 5 meaning the blood was given way too quickly. You might want to wait for the meter to first turn on, do its thing and a blood drop display should come up 'beeping' which means you can now insert your blood into the strip.
I used to have the ultra easy but I believe they are not up to the current standards now. I think you can get a free upgrade from the company