Oops

Elc1112

Completely forgot to take my night time insulin last night. Woke up feeling lousy and suddenly had this horrible feeling that I hadn't injected before I went to bed. I usually take 26 units of levemir before I go to bed. I only have one dose i.e. Do not split.

Been diabetic for well over 20 years now. Just goes to show that, even after all this time, things go wrong!

Oops. Have a feeling today is just going to be one of those days!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi Elc,

Rather than wait until tonight you could take half the dose now which will help keep your bg down during the day, I once forgot my lantus dose and this was the instructions from my DSN.

Taking the full dose now would overlap heavily with tonight's dose, missing it altogether will mean correcting throughout the day with bolus insulin, if you like check with your diabetes team about taking half the dose but this is what is normally suggested.

Elc1112

Hiya. I took a smaller dose this morning and am going to monitor by sugar levels throughout the day. I can't get hold of the diabetes team until midday (helpful, I know) so have just had to go for it. Fingers crossed all will work out. Still can't believe I managed to forget. Must have been far too tired by the time I went to bed last night. Sugars are coming down now, which is good. I'm wondering if this is a hood excuse for a sick day?! Wishful thinking, perhaps :)