Other Conditions

babsy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Blood Tests Injections MRI Scans (particuarly) cooked white cabbage and Cornish Pasties
I have said before that I suffer from many other conditions as well as T2 I was forced to retire at the age of 35 due to a serous back condition called Multiple Degenerative Disc Disease in three areas of my lower back Since then I've developed Oestoarthritis in these areas I now have Oestoarthritis in both shoulders both hands both hips and both knees and a form of thrombosis in the veins in the fingers on both hands I also have COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) Rhinitis (all year round hay fever) Tronchanteric Bursitis in R Hip Gout Cervical Spondylosis High Blood Pressure High Cholesterol Ezcema in head eyes ears head & chest and as I've got older I'm very prone to Sunburn I'm virtually blind in R eye I'm on a hatful of tablets creams & gels daily I use on under arm crutch outside unless it's raining then I use two I see my gp once a month regardless and have a great diabetic & COPD nurse my question is to people with other conditions other than diabetes do they find it difficult to marry other drugs with diabetes medication because I do I also suffer severe migraines once or twice a month my medication for vitamin d defiency has been the latest to have been changed but this was done for cost purposes

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Last edited by a moderator:

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have said before that I suffer from many other conditions as well as T2 I was forced to retire at the age of 35 due to a serous back condition called Multiple Degenerative Disc Disease in three areas of my lower back Since then I've developed Oestoarthritis in these areas I now have Oestoarthritis in both shoulders both hands both hips and both knees and a form of thrombosis in the veins in the fingers on both hands I also have COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) Rhinitis (all year round hay fever) Tronchanteric Bursitis in R Hip Gout Cervical Spondylosis High Blood Pressure High Cholesterol Ezcema in head eyes ears head & chest and as I've got older I'm very prone to Sunburn I'm virtually blind in R eye I'm on a hatful of tablets creams & gels daily I use on under arm crutch outside unless it's raining then I use two I see my gp once a month regardless and have a great diabetic & COPD nurse my question is to people with other conditions other than diabetes do they find it difficult to marry other drugs with diabetes medication because I do I also suffer severe migraines once or twice a month

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Hugs @babsy2

Yes, I have multiple other conditions too, so I can relate to the difficultly with trying to manage diabetes with all the other stuff going on. One of my medications I'm on, baclofen, has increasing blood sugar as a side effect.

My docs are trying hard to limit my medications for me but I have been getting worse with my symptoms.

Right now they're trying to figure out how to stop the big lock up spasms I've been getting. I see my GP fortnightly.

I'm not getting any headway at the moment with my diabetes because I find my pain levels play havoc with it. Also I seem to have some sort of respiratory infection going on right now so my sugars are high still. I saw my doc on Friday and it seems I'm going to have to try and see him tomorrow as I've got worse over this weekend and I''m not fit to go to work. I do work part time hours due to illnesses.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi, I am really sorry to hear of your multiple medical conditions. My daughter has Multiple Degenerative Disc Disease and Ehlers - Danlos syndrome too and her daughter, my granddaughter, age 15, has inherited this as well. My daughter has had 'bone problems' from her teenage years and no GP's would listen, just gave her pain killers, but at least she has a diagnosis now.
My heart goes out to you, take care x