Overly detailed hypoglycaemia story

Giraffe 95

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I have been on the newly diagnosed RH rollercoaster this year too. Also self funding CGM’s to see the patterns and triggers. I really sympathise with how debilitating and not understood this is. Having your blood sugar drop every few hours is not easy. my practice nurse also has RH and told me NHS doesn’t understand it and I have to work out what works for me.
I’m 38 year old woman- prob had it for 20 years, got worse last few years. Strenuous exercise has always triggered hypos for me. I eat before I go on a walk now.
Another side of this is hormonal
For me. I have learnt that a few days before my period and while on my period, I hypo more easily. I believe this is because you are more sensitive to insulin at this time. Exercise can also make you more sensitive to insulin.
I feel low once I’m in the 4’s by finger prick. As others have said CGM reads low for me too- it often shows me in the 3/low 4 but that isn’t the case.
I need a really high protein diet. I eat meat or fish most meals. Low carb made me feel awful and no energy. I would try upping your protein more instead and see if that helps. Try probiotics to restore your gut microbiome.
I had food poisoning last Dec and felt that made it worse too.
Also I follow the ‘Zoe’ nutrition program posts on fb for lots of tips and recipe ideas. You will see lots of people’s CGM’s dip and this may reassure you. Zoe had good youtube videos too