1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Personal Independence Payment

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Indiana91, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Indiana91

Indiana91 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Has anyone had an assessment for PIP?

I've got one tomorrow and was wondering if anybody could give me a heads up about what's involved? What kind of questions they were asked? And what the outcome was in the end?

Thanks in advance.

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. kesun

kesun Other · Well-Known Member

As far as I understand, they go through a standard set of questions and award points based on your answers. The questions are here: http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-points-system. Citizens Advice has downloadable guidance here: http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales...e_payment_e/benefits_the_pip_assessment_e.htm.

But I don't have personal experience. We've received two letters so far from the DWP warning that my daughter will be swapped over from DLA at some point, together with dire warnings that she has to get 8 points (out of 86, I think) to qualify for what used to be middle rate and 12 for what used to be higher rate DLA, and pleas of thinly-disguised desperation NOT to contact the DWP about it, but nothing concrete so far.

Good luck. I'd be interested to hear how it goes.

Kate

• Like Like x 2
  3. Indiana91

That's great thank you. I used to get DLA that's why I've had to change.
    Pain in the bum to be honest!!
    Will post how I get on once I've found out.

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. Elton1reg2

Elton1reg2 Type 2 · Newbie

Hi Indiana did you have your PIP assessment and what happened? I'm looking to apply myself any advice.thanks

5. Indiana91

Hiya, yes I did have my assessment and unfortunately I wasn't entitled to it.
    Your situation may be different to mine though so it's still worth a try. Good luck!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook