Pizza Express Kids Menu

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Does anyone know the carb content of the kids menu at Pizza Express? I've looked at their website but although there's calorie info on most of their meals there is no carb info. I'm specifically looking for the carb content of a kids margherita pizza, dough balls and chocolate sundae. My guess right now is that the pizza will be approx 40g carbs, dough balls 30g carbs and I have no idea about the pudding but I'm guessing 30g.

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Lizzie, thanks for the reply. I have emailed them and tried to phone our local branch but there is no answer at the moment, I guess they're busy. We're going out tonight so it looks like I might have to guess the insulin dose unless the waiting staff have some info for me.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Do your kids eat salads?

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Hi Sophia,
My only advise is to guestimate the units of novo to cover the meal and then about an hr after her eating it, check again, and if high give a correction dose. Thing with pizza and dough balls is the way the carbs work with kids, there so not text book.
Good luck, but most of all enjoy your meal out.
Suzi x
Ps, a wee blow out of high carbs won't do any harm now and again, after all our diabetic kids miss out on enough.

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, yes my kids do eat salads. But for a once in a while treat I don't mind her ordering whatever she wants within reason, the kiddy portions are quite small. I worked on the figures I guestimated and it worked pretty well. Just needed one unit of Novorapid to correct this morning and readings today are back to normal. I got a reply from pizza express saying that they hope to have full nutrition info on their meals by the end of the year, that will be nice.