Please Explain

ray_uk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Ive had a vertebral fracture and was in Hospital over the Xmas. Anyway had loads of bload tests for that orthpedric test on the bones (cant Spell) When I got discharged my GP insisted that I have a blood test in 2 weeks and not allowed to drink or eat for 12 before the test.Anyway when I went back to the doctors for the results,he told me bla bla bla that my blood count was very high and might be on my wat to being a diabetic. I have to go back in another 2 weeks for another fast. I was told to change my diet and change my lifestyle with better food. I did believe my diet was not to bad as I packed in smoking 10 years ago and also dont drink any alcohol 5 years now.
Im really worried as It wasnt explained to me fully. When I get my next test what will this reveal,
If I do change my lifestyle will I still become a diabetic.
Thanks for reading and may I say hellot to all on this forum as ive just joined
Regards
Ray

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
Hi Ray, I think you should maybe do a bit of research into how to improve your lifestyle. What to eat and exercise and general health.
Maybe looking through this forum will give you a rough idea. Try looking here too.

ray_uk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Thanks for reply
I was hoping somebody here could have explained what all this blood samples are for. I have looked through the forms, but cant seem to find the answer what Im looking for threre are to many posts to try and figure it out. Thanks anyway will just have to wait what turns up on my second test
Thanks
Ray

C

catherinecherub

Hi ray

You have had what is called a Glucose Tolerance Test. Sometimes a second one is carried out.

If you have been booked for other tests it may be for cholesterol levels and kidney function.

Hope this helps,

Catherine.