Potential diabetes not sure on type

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
We know exactly how you are feeling but believe me it's not the end of the world.
If you are diagnosed it could be the start of a new healthier you, for many of us it was the motivation we needed to change our lifestyle for the better.
Even if the second test is ok, it sort of means you have dodged the bullet for now. This scare could be just what you needed, forewarned is forearmed as they say.

Markwrig

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I'm Mark.
I've been a member for a while but never used the forums.
I have type 2 diabetes and for the last 4 months have been reducing my weight by alternate day fasting.
I'm at a weight that I'd like to maintain and looking for the best way to do that.
I am considering a low carb diet.

• Winner
Reactions: Lainie71 and Melgar

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I'm Mark.
I've been a member for a while but never used the forums.
I have type 2 diabetes and for the last 4 months have been reducing my weight by alternate day fasting.
I'm at a weight that I'd like to maintain and looking for the best way to do that.
I am considering a low carb diet.
Hi @Markwrig - nice to see a long time lurker posting :)

You may get more answers if you start your own thread with your question as you may get more responses mods can move your post to a new thread for you. If you would like us to do that just respond to this post :)

tinaribena

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
We know exactly how you are feeling but believe me it's not the end of the world.
If you are diagnosed it could be the start of a new healthier you, for many of us it was the motivation we needed to change our lifestyle for the better.
Even if the second test is ok, it sort of means you have dodged the bullet for now. This scare could be just what you needed, forewarned is forearmed as they say.
Thankyou I'm going to give it a good go my cholesterol is high also they want me on statins I just don't know what to eat low fat low carb low carb some fats it's a minefield

Reactions: catinahat

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Thankyou I'm going to give it a good go my cholesterol is high also they want me on statins I just don't know what to eat low fat low carb low carb some fats it's a minefield
Have delve into the posts and the minefield will become more transparent ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Outlier

ajbod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They want everyone on statins, what were your numbers. Never accept, high, raised or good or ok, always ask for the numbers. That is the only way you will really know.
As daft as it sounds, this is probably going to be like winning the lottery where your health is concerned. It takes a scare or diagnosis to make us all take an interest and learn what is actually good for us, rather than what we've been told for years.

• Agree
Reactions: Outlier