PP Sugar level

jairamji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi
I recently joined this forum. Iam yp.2 diabetic with HbA1c of 7.0. My Fasting value used to be around 105 .Suddenly for the last 10 days without much change in my eating habits the fasting level has gone up to 130. Also my PP value after 2hrs is 150 and after 3 hrs rises to 175. This pattern is almost same for the last 10 days. Can anyone help and explain why sudden increase in fasting and why PP after 3 hrs is more than 2 hrs value.
Thanks for your time and support
Ramkumar

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi
I recently joined this forum. Iam yp.2 diabetic with HbA1c of 7.0. My Fasting value used to be around 105 .Suddenly for the last 10 days without much change in my eating habits the fasting level has gone up to 130. Also my PP value after 2hrs is 150 and after 3 hrs rises to 175. This pattern is almost same for the last 10 days. Can anyone help and explain why sudden increase in fasting and why PP after 3 hrs is more than 2 hrs value.
Thanks for your time and support
Ramkumar

Hi and welcome to the forums @jairamji

It depend on what foods you are eating?

Some foods will cause a sudden glucose spike, others will be slower (or the absorption may be slowed by the presence of fats - (such as cheese).

BarbaraG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
A sudden increase in fasting like that - assuming no change in diet or medication - can be due to things like stress, infection or lack of sleep, all of which increase your level of insulin resistance. Some medications do the same, e.g. Statins, steroids.

Anything going on in your life? Or did you change your eating habits?

If none of the above apply, it may be that your ability to make insulin is starting to decline. That happens to some people with T2 - beta cell burnout after many years of making as much insulin as possible to counteract insulin resistance and a high carb diet.

What medication are you on? Do you eat low carb?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is difficult to help you without knowing which medications you are taking for your diabetes. Perhaps you could tell us, and then add it in your profile and signature?