pre diabetes

harry37

I am diagnosed as pre diabetes I find this very confusing and worrying as it's adding to the mix of my existing nerve damage and neuropathy. I am on a mix of medication including pregablin Di hydrocodiene , amitriptilyne, and brufen. So I am trying to learn where I go from here. My last blood test showed high sugar levels of 46 and apparently this isn't good.
I would really appreciate any explanation in layman terms. I am also experiencing very high kreatinine in kidney function tests

Thanks
I am concerned

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @harry37 ! Welcome to the forum. I don't know what your other conditions mean, but you really should avoid getting into the diabetic range (HbA1c blood sugar level of 48 or above). Once you get that reading of 48 or above you are diabetic and always will be.
It's good that you have been told that you are pre-diabetic, as you can take action by exercise and modifying your diet to avoid it. I wish I had known when I was pre-diabetic.

The main diet modification is to reduce sugar intake, and carbohydrates which are converted to sugar by your body. I don't know how your other conditions impact on your diet, but you should ask to see your GP practice nurse who can give you more advice and refer you to a dietitian and a diabetes management course.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At least it has been caught early so you have a better chance of getting it under control. I will tag @daisy1 who will post you out some great information to read through.