Products for low carb diet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello;)
I've got a number of questions about low carb diet. Do you eat protein and fat at every your meal? Does it influence your level of cholesterol? And when you eat carbs, how much and what carbs? Aren't you tired of eating meat and eggs every day?

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the diet doctor's site can explain the concept a lot better than we can:

http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

Most people find LCHF has a positive effect on their triglycerides and HDL-C. There are many experts who dispute the whole cholesterol/lipid hypothesis at all like Dr Malcolm Kendrick and the cholesterol sceptics organisation. Dr Kendrick has written an excellent book called The Cholesterol Con - it and lots of other reading convinced me not to be scared of total cholesterol levels.

I eat a lot more than meat and eggs every day and after 2 years am not bored with the diet. If you Google "low carb recipes" there are many, many of them on the internet. You could eat a different recipe every day if you're worried about boredom. I find the idea of processed carbs boring these days because my tastes have changed so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi.

I eat protein and fat at every meal as this fills me up and stops me from getting hungry.

I've now been eating this way for over a year and I'm not bored.

It's not just meat and eggs. You can enjoy lots of other things too - most vegetables, cream, cheese, etc. Exactly what you allow yourself to eat would depend on how many carbs you are aiming for each day. My carbs are less than 30g per day so I don't eat any bread, pasta, rice, starchy vegetables or fruit (except fruit on a rate occasion as a treat). Looking at the diet doctor website would be a good place to start.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people