Pump choice

zoeval

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I've been to my pump pre assessment clinic today. After looking at the available pumps it comes down to a choice between the Accuchek combo and the Dana R. My DSN says to forget what I know about the combo as the new insight is due imminently she had one there and it looks nice but there is very little information available on it . The remote control looks like a mobile phone so my worry on that would be that it might be a target for thieves. It also has a small insulin reservoir. So I would like some opinions on what people think of these pumps to help me choose.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you ruled out the Animas Vibe and Omnipod, or are they not available?

The Dana R was planned to be compatible with the Dexcom G4 CGM, but I believe in the end it didn't get that capability?

What's the reservoir size?

zoeval

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I ruled out the vibe as I wanted a remote control. The Omnipod is only available for pregnant diabetics at the moment. The reservoir on the Dana R is 300 units whereas the new insight I believe is 200 units with the prefilled novorapid cartridges holding 160 units. The dana seemed to be more user friendly whereas the insight seemed very technical although I was assured that they perform the same functions with the insight you get pretty graphs on the handset but do I really need that?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
The DanaR is a lovely little pump. If you want to know more about it ring advanced therapeutics and they will be more than happy to explain things more for you.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The DanaR is a lovely little pump. If you want to know more about it ring advanced therapeutics and they will be more than happy to explain things more for you.
I really liked the look of the Dana R but it was not offered by my CCG.

zoeval

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Cellnovo has a nice remote. I wouldn't worry too much about the cartridge size as they are easy to change once you've done it a few times

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Unfortunately the Cellnovo isn't offered in this area. The DSN said they have 12 people on the DanaR and they all seem to like it. I am favouring the DanaR I think as its small and light. This is a whole new learning curve and I've got to have it attached 24/7 so the lighter the better. I know the new one will have more bells and whistles but at this stage I don't think that's a necessity for me.