Pump selected, roll on the 15th March!

irishrichard

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Had meeting with diabetic nurse today and she showed me all the different pump choices and talked about them all, telling me advantages and disadvantages!

Decided to go with the Animas 2020, like the size and ease of use! :D

Rep brings it to my house on friday to train/show it and I bring to hospital on the 15th.
Consultant will keep me in hospital for about a week to see how I react/deal with it, apparently will change the insulin and sites daily to help with technique etc!

Am shocked with difference in level of care between France and Rep. of Ireland! Glad I"m going back to France :D

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's exciting news Richard :) We chose the Animas pump too as it's so easy to navigate through the menus.

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
The animas was my 2nd choice after the accu-chek combo which i'm using which i LOVE :)

Hope it all goes well for you, time will fly by i'm sure :)

looks like they are dedicated to make sure you start off well.

I had a month to practice with the meter which remotely controls the pump. Then a two hour training session with the pump and sent off with it. Which didn't bother me as i was too excited to be phased :lol:

I've had a phone call every two days from my nurses and will have weekly visits to the clinic for a while so i'm happy with the aftercare at my hospital.

make sure you keep us updated :)

sugar2

Sounds very exciting!

I am slightly jealous, as once my pump was fitted, I did not have nay contact with teh care team for 6 months, although I could have phoned them if I needed to. I am amazed they want to keep you in hospital...or have I misubderstood that?

irishrichard

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah their keeping me in hospital to make sure I"m happy with everything and their 100% comfortable that i"m able to use pump!
Will be able to contact nurse whenever I want also

Can change pump whenever I want for another but decided on the Animas as seems really easy to use and small! Am very active so want something easy to handle! The Accu-chek combo was tempting but decided a remote and pump to worry about was"nt for me lol Also the Animas was blue that they showed me and I'm Everton fan so took it as a sign to get it :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Good luck with the pump Richard! :)

Nigel