PURE HOODIA GORDONII...WEIGHT LOSS??

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
this has been recommeded to me...obviously I have to check if I can take it and how its meant to work....but I am desparate!!!

double diabetes...very insulin resistent...overweight.....metformin......thryoxine......done the usual...I know I'm not alone on this...

wondering if a herbal pill that worked could help initially to get some weight off and so help with the other symptoms and so make the insulin and thyroxine work better and then continue to lose weight the regular senisble way...

any thoughts or suggestions??

someone mentioned that weeks or months and its time to do something....have been trying......am very pro active that way.....am now alone...diabetes team cannot cope........this is going on for years...

so thoughts please...ideas...... thanks :idea: :?:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Genuine Hoodia is Rare, most of what is sold isn't the real thing. the plants are protected in Southern Africa. It works by cutting down appetite.
All I can suggest is a drastic cut-back in carbs, which will let you reduce your medication and this should help. If you can combine this with a severe cut back in total calories at the same time that would be good.
I've also been reading good things about intensive interval training as an effective form of exercise.
You warm up, then exercise as hard as you can for 30 seconds, then mark time gently for about 30 seconds and "go" again. Do this in short burst several times a day. It doesn't much matter what form the intensive exercise takes. Depends on your capabilities.

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
Hi Megan, your profile doesn't say if you are type 1 or 2? My advice would depend on the answer to that question :D

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
hi,

I'm type 1.....double diabetes and insulin resistent.

I have cut back my carbs.....100g or less in the day...also have cut back the calories...

chatting with my husband last night and he said that of course I am unable to make it clear how hard I try. what I have tried. and the fact that I will always be very honest....

so the norm doesn't work for me.....thats the beginning middle and end of it.....

I have even worked it on what amount of insulin I need to take and eaten what that will allow me...and no joke...that ended up being very very plain green leaves and very little else!.......and still the sugars were rubbish

of course I am aware that you need something on board for your insulin to work with....I have followed and the glygemic index....I have seen so many dieticiens I've had a gut full!!!

so now I don't think the metformin is doing any thing...my insulins are fighting with me!

I've lived with all this long enough and been tough enough on myself that I can cut myself some slack and say...its **** hard and it doesn't work!!!

janabelle

Dislikes
Lack of choice of insulin for newly diagnosed patients.
Dog owners who let their dogs poop in the street-a hazard for most, but worse if you're visually impaired!
Having RP
Hi Megan,
Don't know what insulin you're on, but if you're on analogues, I'd advise changing.
Was at the root of my probs inc Weight probs, and battling BGs, etc, etc................
If you haven't tried it already, but tried everything else, give animal insulin a try-at least it's actually insulin. Might be worth a shot.
Jus