Raised hemoglobin levels

Neicy0412

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi
Has anyone out there in diabetes land had issues with raised hemoglobin levels? I had my Hb1ac bloodiest yesterday, and have received a phone call from my surgery today (speedy huh!) asking me to have another test in a weeks time as my hemoglobin levels are raised, nothing to worry about they said! Which automatically makes me worry! There's very little info on the web, and naturally I want to know what's going on, any info would be gratefully received. :)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Neicy
ring your surgery and ask for an explanation.
Receptionis won't give one, but doctor or nurse might
Hana

C

catherinecherub

Neicy0412 said:
Hi
Has anyone out there in diabetes land had issues with raised hemoglobin levels? I had my Hb1ac bloodiest yesterday, and have received a phone call from my surgery today (speedy huh!) asking me to have another test in a weeks time as my hemoglobin levels are raised, nothing to worry about they said! Which automatically makes me worry! There's very little info on the web, and naturally I want to know what's going on, any info would be gratefully received. :)
Hi,

It could have been something as simple as you were dehydrated at the time of the test. We do not always know when we are. I am sure if it was something drastic then you would have been seen a.s.a.p.

Neicy0412

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks folks, had my hospital check up today they couldn't find anything to cause concern in my blood tests, however I have been in to my doctors and they seem to think my iron levels are high, so don't really know what's going on as they are all looking at the same test results, so I will have to wait until the results of the second blood test come through. Thanks for your replies though, much appreciated :)