Re using lancets

DiabetesTom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I personally havent tried this tester/lancetting device but I tend to reuse most lancets except for the once that comes with the Ascensia DEX 2 meter.

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
I change mine every few days. Some change them once a year... some change them every day, some change them every time they test.

I prefer to change them once a day if i remember.

999sugarbabe

Remember, that test sites are often fingers, which are extremities (to be taken care of, with poorer circulation and diabetes).

Re-using the same lancet does increase the risk of an infection, and the more you re-use the same lancet, the greater the risk... the choice is ultimately yours... and so are your limbs :!: :wink:

I wouldn't put cost before welfare, and it goes without saying - NEVER share lancets :roll:

broads

I must admit that when i asked the question I had also been looking into the cost of test strips and didn't realise that lancets were so cheap compared to test strips.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I only use one once then dispose of it.You get plenty lances compared to test strips so I don't see the point of reusing and risking an infection.In my job I need my fingertips to be OK!!