1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Reading of 20 regularly!

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by suggs108, Feb 7, 2016.

1. micksmixxx

micksmixxx Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi PD Oz,

Hyperglycaemic Hyperosmolar Non-ketotic Syndrome (HHNS), which is what type 2 diabetics develop much more frequently than is the case with Diabetic Ketoacidosis (DKA) is also a life-threatening situation. Both would need hospital admission for emergency medical care, and both could actually kill the sufferer if not taken care of ... and pretty urgently.

2. ballabob

ballabob Type 3c · Member

Hi Suggs

I had the same problem caused by an infection in my gums, antibiotics sorted it out,

Good luck.

Bob

• Like Like x 4
  3. suggs108

suggs108 Type 2 · Active Member

Thank you all for replying. My reading first thing in the morning. -fasting - is now 11. So coming down and later in the day comes down to 8 so I'm pleased with progress. I've cut down the alcohol a bit . Not drinking through the week and I feel more energised in the morning. On the up!!!! While my BG levels come down!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. CarbsRok

CarbsRok Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Pleased to hear things are improving for you @suggs108

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook