Prediabetes recipe

Debyj

I have recently been diagnosed with prediabetes. Can anyone recommend a good recipe book? I would like to change my diet to give me the best chance of not progressing to type 2

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s not a physical book, but the Diet Doctor website (DietDoctor.com) has loads of recipes/meal plans etc. No need to pay anything (unless you want to) as you can get everything you need for free.

As a simple rule of thumb, cut out or reduce carbohydrates- bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, starchy veg, processed foods and eat freshly prepared meat, fish, eggs, some dairy and green veg and you can’t go far wrong.

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have recently been diagnosed with prediabetes. Can anyone recommend a good recipe book? I would like to change my diet to give me the best chance of not progressing to type 2

I really like this book, sometimes it’s nice to have a physical book to read through and have on the counter when cooking. It works really well for me, type 1, and last year my brother in law was diagnosed type 2 and he also followed this book. He has lost 2 stone and his HBA1c is I think 35. He is very pleased.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Low-Carb-D...s=david+cavan+diabetes&qid=1644840840&sr=8-10